BERMUDA: Bacardi appoints Kraft exec to head EMEA
Stefan Bomhard replaces Robert Furniss-Roe as president of Bacardi EMEA
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of a permanent regional president for its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) division.
The Bermuda-based firm said today (13 August) that Stefan Bomhard will assume the position from 1 October. Bomhard, who will join Bacardi from Kraft Foods, replaces Robert Furniss-Roe, who has held the post on an interim basis since May in addition to his duties as Bacardi's vice president of corporate planning and communications.
At Kraft, Bomhard was president of the European coffee business, having been chief commercial officer for Cadbury prior to Kraft's takeover earlier this year.
“Stefan's strong track record of success, leadership and expertise on a global scale in some of the best internationally-known food and consumer packaged goods organisations will have an immediate impact in the region for Bacardi,” said Bacardi's president and CEO, Séamus McBride.
“I am confident he will be invaluable to Bacardi in reaching growth goals for both the company and our iconic brands in the ever important growing and fast developing EMEA region.”
Based out of Geneva in Switzerland, Bomhard will also be a member of the Bacardi leadership team.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research