UK: Bacardi appoints global brand director
Bacardi has appointed Jeff McDonald as global brand director for its eponymous brand.
McDonald will take charge of the company's flagship rum in an addition to his existing responsibilities with its Indian operations.
The move is the latest in a series of changes the company has made to its marketing and brand teams around the world in recent months.
McDonald replaces John Burke, who was appointed as UK marketing director for Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBF) in October.
Burke himself replaced Andrew Carter who moved from his role heading the spirits giant's UK marketing efforts to become global brand director for Bombay Sapphire.
Bacardi officials were unavailable for comment as just-drinks went to press.
This summer, Bacardi launched a GBP8m (US$15.6m) global ad campaign for the brand, dubbed "You In?", in an attempt to position the rum as a "free-spirited" product.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bacardi has launched Eristoff vodka in India and plans further investment in the country, according to local reports....
Thai Beverage's independent directors have opposed the company's plan to list on the Thai stock market....
Brown-Forman has confirmed details of its next quarterly dividend....
Bacardi Brown-Forman Brands (BBFB) is launching the premium Tequila brand Cazadores in the UK on-trade this month....
US wine and spirits group Brown-Forman has announced that its chief winery officer Steve Dorfman is to step down from his position, after 25 years' service....
Spirits giant Bacardi has announced the death of the executive president of its Mexican subsidiary. Manuel Rubiralta Diaz, 63, died unexpectedly yesterday (21 May) in Bermuda....
Brown-Forman has called time on its Tequila joint venture with the Orendain family....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future