BERMUDA: Bacardi announces new CMO
Bacardi has a CMO
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of Silvia Lagnado as its chief marketing officer.
The Bermuda-based drinks company said today (26 May) that Lagnado, who joins Bacardi after 24 years with Unilever, will also assume the role of president of Bacardi Global Brands.
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Silvia to Bacardi given her outstanding track record ... in international consumer brand marketing,” said Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi and chairman of Bacardi International. “I know Silvia will be invaluable to us in building toward our ambitious long-term growth goals for our brands.”
Lagnado, who hails from Brazil, will join Bacardi by 1 September and will be based in the Bacardi Global Brands headquarters in London.
At Unilever, she served as the executive vice president for savoury products, based also out of London.
Part one of this month's management briefing on niche spirits looks at what is meant by the term 'niche', and the effect the downturn has had on this segment....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future