BERMUDA: Bacardi announces new CMO
Bacardi has a CMO
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of Silvia Lagnado as its chief marketing officer.
The Bermuda-based drinks company said today (26 May) that Lagnado, who joins Bacardi after 24 years with Unilever, will also assume the role of president of Bacardi Global Brands.
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Silvia to Bacardi given her outstanding track record ... in international consumer brand marketing,” said Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi and chairman of Bacardi International. “I know Silvia will be invaluable to us in building toward our ambitious long-term growth goals for our brands.”
Lagnado, who hails from Brazil, will join Bacardi by 1 September and will be based in the Bacardi Global Brands headquarters in London.
At Unilever, she served as the executive vice president for savoury products, based also out of London.
Part one of this month's management briefing on niche spirits looks at what is meant by the term 'niche', and the effect the downturn has had on this segment....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research