BERMUDA: Bacardi announces new CMO
Bacardi has a CMO
Bacardi has confirmed the appointment of Silvia Lagnado as its chief marketing officer.
The Bermuda-based drinks company said today (26 May) that Lagnado, who joins Bacardi after 24 years with Unilever, will also assume the role of president of Bacardi Global Brands.
“I am absolutely delighted to welcome Silvia to Bacardi given her outstanding track record ... in international consumer brand marketing,” said Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi and chairman of Bacardi International. “I know Silvia will be invaluable to us in building toward our ambitious long-term growth goals for our brands.”
Lagnado, who hails from Brazil, will join Bacardi by 1 September and will be based in the Bacardi Global Brands headquarters in London.
At Unilever, she served as the executive vice president for savoury products, based also out of London.
Part one of this month's management briefing on niche spirits looks at what is meant by the term 'niche', and the effect the downturn has had on this segment....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research