BERMUDA: Bacardi announces CFO switch
Kevin McNamara has replaced Joseph Schena as Bacardi's CFO
Bacardi has appointed a new chief financial officer as the current incumbent has left the firm after less than two years in the role.
Kevin McNamara, currently the group's corporate controller, has replaced Joseph Schena as CFO with immediate effect, the Bermuda-headquartered company said today. Bacardi said Schena, who joined as CFO in late 2012, has “left the company for another opportunity”.
McNamara, who joined Bacardi in March last year from US food and drinks firm Centreplate, will report to the company's CEO. The firm currently has an interim CEO, Michael Dolan, after Ed Shirley left the group in April.
“I look forward to utilising my experience as a senior financial executive, coupled with a wealth of expertise in financial systems and guiding strong management teams, to help Bacardi achieve even greater financial success,” said McNamara.
McNamara, who has also worked for Procter & Gamble, will report additionally to the yet-to-be-filled post of EVP and chief administrative officer. Bacardi said the occupant of this new role will be named “in the next few months”.
This week, we speak to the CEO of the UK arm of Mast-Jägermeister, and just-drinks subscriber, Guy Lawrence....
The world’s seventh largest spirits company, Bacardi also ranks 14th in the global wine market. This profile analyses Bacardi’s efforts to address the significant challenges facing its core fortified ...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Bacardi is the world’s seventh largest spirits company and the global leader in rum. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to revitalise its key brands and expand its product offer in the face o...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during May 2015....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends