UK: Bacardi adds Twist to RTD range
Bacardi-Martini has extended its Bacardi Breezer RTD range to a mid-proof product, which it has called Breezer Twist.
Aimed primarily at the 18- to 34-year-old female drinker Twist is a blend of rum, fruit juice and fruit flavours with an ABV of 22%, designed to be used as a long drink mixer, or on its own over ice.
The product launch wil be backed by a £500,000 ad spend, with advertising running in leading women's magazines such as Marie Claire and Elle, from November.
The drink will be available only in the off-trade in three flavours, Watermelon, Key Lime and Mango & Passion Fruit.
The drinks will be packaged in 70cl frosted glass bottles, with the Bacardi bat logo clearly displayed.
Bruce Ray, director of sales, trade marketing for Bacardi-Martini said: "In recent years Bacardi Breezer has carved out a powerful and distinctive positioning within the marketplace. Our research showed a key factor to its popularity is the choice of refreshing flavours, making it paramount that Breezer Twist incorporated at least three variants."
Companies: Bacardi Ltd
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Anheuser-Busch has revealed plans to launch a new variant in its Bacardi Silver range....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China