BERMUDA: Bacardi adds to board
Bacardi has confirmed two additions to its board of directors.
The privately-held spirits company announced today (10 July) that Melanie Liddle Healey and Roman Martinez will join its board with immediate effect.
Liddle Healey currently serves as group president of global feminine and health care for Procter & Gamble, while Martinez is the retired managing director of Lehman Brothers, having spent over 30 years with the company.
"These two highly accomplished individuals bring vast experience in the consumer products and investment banking industries to the Bacardi Limited board of directors," said chairman Facundo Bacardi. "The appointments continue to reflect the company's strong commitment to good corporate governance."
Liddle Healey and Martinez replace Guillermo Fernandez-Quincoces and Raymond Silcock, who did not seek re-election, on the 16-strong board.
Consumer markets may be bracing themselves for the impact of the economic downturn, but Patrón Spirits Company has no intention of being deflected from its marketing-led growth strategy. In this month...
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Bacardi is offering consumers the chance to be in the passenger seat next to Michael Schumacher, the Formula One racing driver, on a racetrack circuit, as part of its responsible drinking campaign....
Pernod Ricard has refused to be drawn on reports claiming that it is considering the sale of its coffee liqueur brand Tia Maria....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
One of Bacardi's global brand directors is set to leave the company....
Bacardi Corporation has settled a violation of the Clean Water Act after having paid a US$550,000 fine....
Bacardi USA has named Michael Misiorski as its new senior vice president and chief financial officer....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends