NETHERLANDS: Baarsma names Frans Barel as chairman
Netherlands-based wine distributor Baarsma Wine Group Holding has announced the appointment of Frans Barel as chairman of its Supervisory Board with effect from 1 October.
Barel was the founder and a former chief executive of fruit juice and soft drinks producer Refresco Holding and remains on that company's Supervisory Board.
"We are very delighted that Frans Barel has agreed to take up the position as chairman of the Supervisory Board," said Baarsma chief operating officer Cees de Rade. "With his background, knowledge and experience at Refresco, he will be of great value to Baarsma Wine Group Holding with regard to our 'Buy & Build' strategy."
Baarsma operates a network of companies in the Benelux region including Baarsma Wine Group Netherlands, Wine Excel, Oud Reuchlin & Boelen, Hasselt Millesime and Lovian. It has an annual turnover of EUR220m (US$320m) and employs 300 people.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research