US: Axiom Wine Co. in name change
California's Axiom Wine Co. has reportedly changed its name to 585 Wine Partners.
The company, which owns wine brands including Red Truck, has changed its name to reflect its address at 585 First Street West in Sonoma and its business strategy of building long-term partnerships.
A report yesterday (3 January) in the San Francisco Business Times said the company's owners, Dan Leese and Doug Walker, believe the name change emphasises "key partnerships to build and sustain existing and developing wine brands".
Axiom was set up in 2005 when Leese and Walker bought the Red Truck and White Truck labels from Cline Cellars. Since then, the company has formed a national sales force and marketing team, and introduced several new varietals, including a blend of Zinfandel, Grenache and Mourvedre, dubbed Pink Truck, last year.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"