UK: AXA Millésimes offers MW scholarship
The Institute of Masters of Wine has joined forces with AXA Millésimes, the wine arm of AXA Insurance, to offer a scholarship for its 2009 education programme.
The AXA Millésimes Scholarship will be awarded annually to up to three MW students worldwide, at any stage of their studies, the companies announced today (19 January).
Christian Seely, MD of AXA Millésimes, said: "The idea behind the scholarship is to give the winners some practical experience of daily life in a vineyard. We hope that the question will stimulate some lively essays."
The scholarship will include two to three days at AXA Millésimes' Bordeaux properties with tastings and blending with the individual winemakers, two days at either Mas Belles Eaux in Languedoc or Domaine de l'Arlot in Burgundy, and a visit to either Quinta do Noval in the Douro or Disznóko in Tokaj.
Clive Barlow MW, acting executive director of the Institute, said: "We are delighted to be able to offer our students this exciting new scholarship, which will enable the successful candidates to gain a deeper understanding of some of the most open-minded and quality-focused properties in Bordeaux, and the rest of Europe."
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits