AUS: AWBC head confirms resignation plans
The head of the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation has called time on his tenure.
Sam Tolley, who has been chief executive of the trade body for 13 years, is to stand down next year, the AWBC said today (21 December).
"It has been an exciting time but also a hectic time and I think I'm now ready to follow up new interests," Tolley said. "I'm very satisfied with what the corporation has achieved, as I am with its sound financial position.
"And I am extremely positive about the sector's future, despite the recent challenges thrown up by the drought and international competition."
AWBC's chairman, John Moore, added: "Sam believes the completion of the directions to 2025 industry strategy this year was an important milestone for the wine sector, and an appropriate time for him to hand over the reins.
"He played a key role in the conception, development and marketing of the strategy, which has been widely embraced."
Tolley's resignation will take effect from early February, with the corporation's secretary, Jock Osborne, filling the position on an interim basis until a permanent replacement has been found.
The new Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation (AWBC) board has been appointed, the Minister for Agriculture has announced....
Wine Australia has launched a website to challenge consumers to "show off their knowledge" of wine....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research