USA: Avondale's Armanetti Beverages, Begins Shipping Worldwide
In order to expand their selection of fine and rare wines, they partnered with Perry DiGirolamo and Stuart Bander to open a second location, a 36,000 square foot store in a suburb just north of Chicago in October of '98. With beautifully muraled walls and a hand carved, roaring '20s tasting bar, they not only expanded their selection of wines; they also included gourmet foods, gift baskets, flowers, hand-dipped chocolates along with food and wine classes.
To be able to compete with the growing number of .com wine merchants on the Internet, Avondale's Armanetti launched its first website, www.avondalebeverages.com in June of '99. With slow but growing support from wine consumers throughout the United States, they went forward and incorporated e-commerce into their website, making it easier for their customers to buy on-line. In April of 2000, they received the green light from the Global Regulatory Group to begin shipping worldwide. This was the turning point that allowed the wine and beverage retailer to become a Worldwide giant in the industry.
After 43 years, due to expansion and the Internet, Avondale's Armanetti Beverage Mart has gone from a little "Ma & Pa, cash and carry" store into a major International wine merchant.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends