USA: Avondale's Armanetti Beverages, Begins Shipping Worldwide
In order to expand their selection of fine and rare wines, they partnered with Perry DiGirolamo and Stuart Bander to open a second location, a 36,000 square foot store in a suburb just north of Chicago in October of '98. With beautifully muraled walls and a hand carved, roaring '20s tasting bar, they not only expanded their selection of wines; they also included gourmet foods, gift baskets, flowers, hand-dipped chocolates along with food and wine classes.
To be able to compete with the growing number of .com wine merchants on the Internet, Avondale's Armanetti launched its first website, www.avondalebeverages.com in June of '99. With slow but growing support from wine consumers throughout the United States, they went forward and incorporated e-commerce into their website, making it easier for their customers to buy on-line. In April of 2000, they received the green light from the Global Regulatory Group to begin shipping worldwide. This was the turning point that allowed the wine and beverage retailer to become a Worldwide giant in the industry.
After 43 years, due to expansion and the Internet, Avondale's Armanetti Beverage Mart has gone from a little "Ma & Pa, cash and carry" store into a major International wine merchant.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts