US: Aveníu Brands signs deal with Tuscany winery
Wine and spirits import firm Aveníu Brands is expanding its Italian fine wine portfolio after agreeing a distribution deal with a Tuscany-based winery.
Aveníu Brands, a subsidiary of Spain's Grupo Codorníu, said yesterday (30 July) a sales and marketing agreement with Tenuta Poggio Verrano became effective last month. Andrew Mansinne, Aveníu Brands' president, said: “Poggio Verrano offers Aveníu Brands an opportunity to expand our Italian fine wine portfolio, and to learn more about the exciting wines of Maremma, Italy’s newest wine frontier."
The Poggio Verrano estate, founded in 2000, produces four wines − Dromos, Dromos L’Altro, Chance and Poggio Verrano 3.
Francesco Bolla, Poggio Verrano' founder said he looked forward to "introducing Poggio Verrano wines throughout the US".
Aveníu Brands was previously known as AV Brands until it changed its name in 2009.
It is the exclusive US marketer for about 30 wine and spirits brands from eight countries.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends