US: Aveníu Brands signs deal with Tuscany winery
Wine and spirits import firm Aveníu Brands is expanding its Italian fine wine portfolio after agreeing a distribution deal with a Tuscany-based winery.
Aveníu Brands, a subsidiary of Spain's Grupo Codorníu, said yesterday (30 July) a sales and marketing agreement with Tenuta Poggio Verrano became effective last month. Andrew Mansinne, Aveníu Brands' president, said: “Poggio Verrano offers Aveníu Brands an opportunity to expand our Italian fine wine portfolio, and to learn more about the exciting wines of Maremma, Italy’s newest wine frontier."
The Poggio Verrano estate, founded in 2000, produces four wines − Dromos, Dromos L’Altro, Chance and Poggio Verrano 3.
Francesco Bolla, Poggio Verrano' founder said he looked forward to "introducing Poggio Verrano wines throughout the US".
Aveníu Brands was previously known as AV Brands until it changed its name in 2009.
It is the exclusive US marketer for about 30 wine and spirits brands from eight countries.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research