US: A.V. adds to González Byass offering
A.V. Imports is set to add a wine and a Sherry to its González Byass portfolio.
The US company said late last week that Beronia Tempranillo Rioja (2003) will join the Byass stable. The Spanish red wine is now available nationwide in the US at a retail price of US$10.99, A.V. confirmed.
"Beronia Tempranillo Rioja combines Spanish tradition, modern wine making and the quality we anticipated from a producer such as González Byass," said Will Comotto, vice president of brand development at A.V. Imports. "We expect this wine to make a bold impact on the US market and deliver great value and sales."
Beronia Tempranillo Rioja is produced at the Bodegas Beronia estate in the Rioja Alta district. A. V. Imports ships wines and spirits from several countries, including Spain to licensed wholesalers throughout the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, Aruba and the Bahamas.
At the same time, A.V. is adding cream Sherry Solera 1847 to the portfolio. At 18% alcohol, this cream sherry is available nationwide at a SRP of US$15.99.
"We're pleased to introduce Solera 1847 and expand our relationship with González Byass," Comotto continued. "This cream Sherry is a market leader in taste and quality, with the potential to be a huge success at all levels of sales."
The biennial IFE trade show in London has over the years been the initial launch pad for many successful brands and heralded numerous mainstream trends in the soft drinks sector. Annette Farr visited ...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
V&S Group is set to beef up its distribution network in the Nordic region with the acquisition of Norwegian wine and spirits distributor Amundsen....
Only one drinks company in the US refused to pull its adverts in the second half of last year when challenged by the Distilled Spirits Council (DISCUS)....
UK regional brewer Greene King has launched what it claims to be the first bottled English speciality beer....
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
UK Chancellor Gordon Brown has introduced index-linked increases to duty on beer, cider and wine in his latest Budget today (21 March). The Chancellor said that the duty on beer, cider and wine would ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research