UKRAINE: Authorities okay S&N's Hartwell deal
The Ukrainian competition authorities have given the green light to the UK's Scottish and Newcastle's acquisition of Finland's Hartwall, which has extensive operations in the Ukraine.
"Hartwall has today received confirmation from S&N that the Anti-Monopoly Committee of the Ukraine has given its unconditional approval to the combination of Hartwall and S&N," Hartwall said in a statement.
Approval by the Ukrainian authorities is another hurdle out of the way for S&N, which still requires its shareholders to approve the takeover. Its shareholder meeting is scheduled for May.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets