RUSSIA: Authorities give conditional green light to Carlsberg Baltika buy
Baltika is owned by Baltic Beverage Holdings, the joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle. Carlsberg is currently attempting to acquire S&N in a deal with Dutch brewer Heineken. As part of the deal, the Danish brewer will take complete control of BBH.
In a statement yesterday, FAS said that because Carlsberg and Baltika will have a combined share of more than 35% the Russian beer market as a result of the deal there were rules if competition restraints were to be avoided.
The statement continued that Baltika will have to give FAS two months' notice of any planned increases or cuts in its beer prices by more than 10%. Furthermore, Balitika will not be allowed to impose limitations on beer sales or refuse to supply beer on any unjustified economic or technical grounds.
Carlsberg has followed Coors Brewers and InBev by upping its beer prices in the UK....
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken has said it expects a mid-single digit profit rise for 2008, following strong revenue growth and a series of cost savings measures in its first half....
Carlsberg has announced another change of leadership at its recently-acquired Brasseries Kronenbourg operations in France....
Heineken has completed a review of its recently-acquired half of Scottish & Newcastle, and has said it expects higher synergy savings than it previously forecast....
Heineken has been given clearance to proceed with its purchase of Eichhof Holdings' beverage division in Switzerland....
Baltika has strengthened its hand in central Asia by completing the takeover of Azerbaijan's largest brewer, Baku-Castel....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report