RUSSIA: Authorities give conditional green light to Carlsberg Baltika buy
Baltika is owned by Baltic Beverage Holdings, the joint venture between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle. Carlsberg is currently attempting to acquire S&N in a deal with Dutch brewer Heineken. As part of the deal, the Danish brewer will take complete control of BBH.
In a statement yesterday, FAS said that because Carlsberg and Baltika will have a combined share of more than 35% the Russian beer market as a result of the deal there were rules if competition restraints were to be avoided.
The statement continued that Baltika will have to give FAS two months' notice of any planned increases or cuts in its beer prices by more than 10%. Furthermore, Balitika will not be allowed to impose limitations on beer sales or refuse to supply beer on any unjustified economic or technical grounds.
Carlsberg has followed Coors Brewers and InBev by upping its beer prices in the UK....
Dutch brewer Heineken has appointed a new head for its Americas division....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Heineken has said it expects a mid-single digit profit rise for 2008, following strong revenue growth and a series of cost savings measures in its first half....
Carlsberg has announced another change of leadership at its recently-acquired Brasseries Kronenbourg operations in France....
Heineken has completed a review of its recently-acquired half of Scottish & Newcastle, and has said it expects higher synergy savings than it previously forecast....
Heineken has been given clearance to proceed with its purchase of Eichhof Holdings' beverage division in Switzerland....
Baltika has strengthened its hand in central Asia by completing the takeover of Azerbaijan's largest brewer, Baku-Castel....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts