USA: Authorities clear the path for JBB Absolut deal
The US authorities have cleared the way for the proposed joint venture between Jim Beam Brands (JBB) and owners of Absolut vodka Vin & Sprit (V&S) and the companies anticipate that joint distribution of their spirits and wine brands will begin in June. JBB has announced that the $645 million deal is expected to close within the quarter after the waiting period for the US Federal Trade Commission review the transaction expired.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites