AUSTRIA: Austrian wine exports up 10% in 2002
Exports of Austrian wine leapt 10% in 2002 to reach €57m (US$59.7m), figures from the country's wine marketing body, OeWM, show. In volume terms the country saw 54m litres exported, a 10.6% increase on 2001 and equivalent to 20% of Austria's total wine production. Germany remains the largest export market, taking 30m litres. But sales to the US jumped 50% year-on-year in terms of quantity and value, while the value of wine exported to Switzerland increased 20% and the exported quantity went up by 10%, OeWM said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends