AUSTRIA: Austrian brewers ripe for takeover by international giants
The Austrian brewing industry is set for a period of upheaval, with the larger national brewers primed as takeover targets.
A study by Contrast Management Consulting, has concluded that while regional brewers with strong brands are set to survive, larger national producers are takeover targets given there relatively small size by international standards.
The Austrian beer market has so far escaped the attentions of the consolidation movement sweeping the global beer industry. But, brewers such as Brau Union, Stiegl-Brauerei and Ottakringer Brauerei are now seen as acquisition targets in the medium term.
Brau Union, Austria's largest brewer, announced sales of 7.5 billion Austrian Schillings (ATS) for the year 2000, up from ATS7.4 billion in 1999. ($1=ATS14.65).
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends