AUSTRALIA/US Beam Inc creates emerging markets MD position
Beam Inc is looking to target Asia Pacific and South America through the creation of an MD role for emerging markets.
The US-based spirits producer confirmed earlier today (25 January) that Arthur Aroney will be the managing director of emerging markets for its Asia Pacific/South America (APSA) region. The move will see Aroney focus on increasing Beam's presence in Brazil and India, as well as in the more established spirits markets of Japan and Korea.
“India and Brazil are two of Beam’s fastest growing markets,” said Phil Baldock, president of Beam’s Asia Pacific/South America region. “We’re confident that Arthur’s focus and track record of success will help us further expand our presence and accelerate our performance in these and other key emerging markets.”
Aroney will be based in Sydney, Australia, at Beam’s regional headquarters for APSA. He has previously worked for Maxxium Worldwide and Dairy Farmers.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves......
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review