Aus: Australia's Wine Fund closes on potential FF40m deal in Chablis
An initial FF5m investment in a premium wine producer/distributor, believed to be headquartered in Chablis in France, is expected to be announced soon by the Australian Wine and Horticultural Fund.The Fund - to be renamed The International Wine Investment Fund from tomorrow (Wednesday) - is planning to eventually lift the investment to FF40m.The investment is likely to be the Fund's first since a controversial major restructure, opposed in its initial forms by institutional investors, earlier this year.The Fund, which is BRL Hardy's major shareholder with 13% of the stock, is also close to finalising a $A5m investment which will give it a 10% stake in the recently merged Tatachilla-St Hallet winery.It is also about to invest another $A5 million in five vineyards in four States. The Fund has also redeemed $A6m of convertible notes in Australia's dominant fruit juice producer, Berri Ltd, and is preparing to shed its stakes in Chiquita Brands South Pacific and almond producer Select Harvests.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends