AUSTRALIA: Australian wine sales and exports rise
Figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that sales of Australian wine were 13% higher when compared to 28.82m litres sold in April 2000. Domestic wine sales rose 4.5% in the same month to a seasonally adjusted 32.57m litres from 31.16m litres in March. According to a report by Dow Jones, exports of Australian wine in April of 32.33m litres valued at A$171.43m (US$73.2m) strengthened from a revised 27.47m litres at A$151.80m in March and wine exports in April of 23.35m litres were valued at A$123.75m litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1