AUSTRALIA: Australian wine sales and exports rise
Figures released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics reported that sales of Australian wine were 13% higher when compared to 28.82m litres sold in April 2000. Domestic wine sales rose 4.5% in the same month to a seasonally adjusted 32.57m litres from 31.16m litres in March. According to a report by Dow Jones, exports of Australian wine in April of 32.33m litres valued at A$171.43m (US$73.2m) strengthened from a revised 27.47m litres at A$151.80m in March and wine exports in April of 23.35m litres were valued at A$123.75m litres.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends