Product Launch - UK: Australian Vintage's Miranda Summer Light range
Click through to view Australian Vintage's Miranda Summer Light Shiraz
Australian Vintage's Miranda Summer Light
Category - Wine, Australia, 5.5% abv
Available - From mid-August
Location - UK, off-trade, listings confirmed in Morrison’s and Tesco supermarket chains
Price - RRP of GBP5.99 (US$9.20) per bottle
Distribution - Australian Vintage
Australian Vintage is targeting the low alcohol market in the UK with the launch of two variants under the Miranda Summer Light brand name. The Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz wines are the result of a AUD1.8m (US$1.6m) investment in Spinning Cone Column technology by the company.
Earlier this year, Australian Vintage posted sliding sales and profits for the six months to the end of December as a fall in lower margin sales and higher costs hit the bottom line.
Australian Vintage Limited has announced that they will be launching a brand new, low alcohol wine into the UK from mid-August – Miranda Summer Light. Comprising a Sauvignon Blanc and Shiraz, both at 5.5%abv, Summer Light is designed to fill a gap in the low alcohol market, a category which is worth £42.8m in the UK off trade.
Summer Light is made using industry leading technology, the next generation of Spinning Cone Column (SCC). The patented technology, which represents a $1.8m investment by Australian Vintage, is the only dedicated SCC for wine in Australia. By reducing alcohol at 42°C, rather than the 62°C industry standard, alcohol extraction is ‘gentler’ on the fruit to retain more character & flavour.
Comments Julian Dyer, general manager for the UK: “Summer Light is a full flavour wine that is lighter in alcohol, without compromising on taste or enjoyment. Designed with the health conscious consumer in mind, a 125ml glass of the Sauvignon Blanc contains just 45 calories, while the same size glass of the Shiraz contains 55 calories.”
Summer Light ‘Sauvignon Blanc’ has a lovely clean, crisp palate bursting with tropical fruit flavours & a hint of citrus. Summer Light ‘Shiraz’ has an abundance of red and blackberry fruit flavours and a hint of vanilla from oak maturation.
RRP £5.99. Confirmed listings in Morrison’s and Tesco from early Autumn.
Original source: Company Release
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research