Product Launch - UK: Australian Vintage's McGuigan Black Label Reserve
Click through to view the four expressions
Australian Vintage's McGuigan Black Label Reserve
Category - Wine, Australia, four varietals
Available - From this week
Location - UK, off-trade, in the independent channel
Price - RRP of GBP9.99 (US$16.21) per bottle
Distribution - Australian Vintage
Australian Vintage has added a premium, 'Reserve' range of wines to McGuigan Black Label portfolio. The Black Label range comprises a Cabernet Sauvignon, a Shiraz, a Chardonnay and a Sauvignon Blanc expression.
The company launched the Black Label brand internationally in 1992.
In August, Australian Vintage posted an 8.5% slide in profits for the year to the end of June, despite flat sales for the period.
Award winning Australian wine producer McGuigan Wines has launched a new premium positioned range in the UK - McGuigan Black Label Reserve. Available in the UK through the independent channel, the range comprises four single varietal wines - Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
Sourced from premium vineyard sites in South Australia, McGuigan Black Label Reserve has an RRP of £9.99. Selected parcels of dry grown fruit add finesse and concentration, with subtle oak integration providing complexity and balance, creating wines that are approachable yet elegant - the hallmark of the McGuigan style.
McGuigan Wines, which is the sixth largest global wine brand in the UK off-trade channel in 17% value growth year-on-year, has forged a reputation for producing consumer focused wine styles that over-deliver at every price point.
Central to the success of the brand has been the iconic McGuigan Black Label range, which was launched internationally in 1992, with the Black Label Red SKU the number 1 selling bottled red wine in Australia. The launch of Black Label Reserve builds on the recognised quality of Black Label, adding extra elegance and complexity.
Commenting on the launch, Julian Dyer, General Manager UK & Europe for McGuigan Wines brand owner Australian Vintage Limited said: ‘The launch of McGuigan Black Label Reserve signals the ongoing evolution of the McGuigan brand in the UK market. Over the past twelve months we’ve refined our brand architecture to provide consumers with a clear path to trading up within the brand as part of an ongoing exploration of the Australian category.’
Original source: Company Release
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts