AUS: Australian Vintage to sell Barossa's Yaldara winery, brand
AV is selling its Yaldara winery and brand
Australian Vintage is selling its Barossa Valley winery Yaldara to Chinese-owned 1847 Winery for AUD15.5m (US$14.6m).
In a filing, AV said it has signed a deal to offload the 10,000-tonne capacity site and namesake brand to 1847. According to local media, 1847 is owned by Zhitai Wang of New South Wales and Kuifen Wang from Adelaide’s sister city Qingdao, in Shandong province, China.
The deal is expected to complete by the end of the year, subject to 1847 obtaining a liquor licence for the site.
The Yaldara brand's flagship product is its 40 Year-Old Premium Port, according to AV's website.
AV has also agreed a two-year processing arrangement with 1847 to ensure the winery's output standards are maintained, it said. 1847 will offer jobs to “some” existing staff at Yaldara, according to the filing.
Neil McGuigan, AV's CEO, added that the funds from the sale will be used to “reduce debt”.
The Yaldara brand and Chateaux was originally established in 1947 by German winemaker, Hermann Thumm.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Neil McGuigan, click here.
The Future of the Still & Sparkling Wine Market in Australia to 2018
Summary • The Future of the Still & Sparkling Wine Market in Australia to 2018 is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Still & Sparkling Wine market in Australia. • The rep...read more
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages