UK: Australian Vintage promotes for new UK, Europe GM
Australian Vintage has appointed a new GM for the UK & Europe
Australian Vintage has confirmed the appointment of a new GM for the UK & Europe after losing the previous incumbent to Accolade Wines earlier this year.
Julian Dyer, who had assumed the position on an interim basis last month, will head up Australian Vintage's UK and European operations permanently with immediate effect, the company said earlier today (10 September). Dyer was promoted internally last month after the previous GM for the region, Paul Schaafsma, moved to Accolade to become its GM for the UK & Ireland.
Formerly a wine buyer for Sainsbury's supermarkets, Dyer moved to Australian Vintage to drive its sales in the UK off-trade at the beginning of this year.
Last month, Australian Vintage posted rises in both net profits and sales for the 12 months to the end of June.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends