AUS: Australian Vintage loses CEO
Talks with Constellation "continue"
The CEO of Australian Vintage is to step down.
Dane Hudson will leave the company in May "to pursue other interests", Australian Vintage announced today (25 March).
Neil McGuigan, the group's general manager of production and supply, including for the firm's flagship McGuigan wine brand, will become interim CEO until a permanent replacement is announced.
The move will prompt speculation about the progress of merger talks between Australian Vintage and Constellation Brands' Australian wine business.
Hudson, who has steered Australian Vintage through a tough restructuring process in the last couple of years, said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed leading Australian Vintage.
"From both a personal and career perspective this marks the right time for me to move on as Australian Vintage is well positioned to embark on future opportunities."
The company is in talks with rival wine group Constellation Brands over a potential merger of the two firms' Australian wine businesses.
Australian Vintage would have control of a merged entity, which would likely include Constellation's Hardys wine arm.
Discussions "continue", Australian Vintage said today. It will announced the appointment of a permanent CEO once the talks have been completed, it said.
Australian Vintage chairman Ian Ferrier said: "Dane has shown strong leadership and commitment during this demanding period. I think him for his sigificant contribution and wish him well in the next stage of his career."
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World