AUS: Australian Vintage loses CEO
Talks with Constellation "continue"
The CEO of Australian Vintage is to step down.
Dane Hudson will leave the company in May "to pursue other interests", Australian Vintage announced today (25 March).
Neil McGuigan, the group's general manager of production and supply, including for the firm's flagship McGuigan wine brand, will become interim CEO until a permanent replacement is announced.
The move will prompt speculation about the progress of merger talks between Australian Vintage and Constellation Brands' Australian wine business.
Hudson, who has steered Australian Vintage through a tough restructuring process in the last couple of years, said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed leading Australian Vintage.
"From both a personal and career perspective this marks the right time for me to move on as Australian Vintage is well positioned to embark on future opportunities."
The company is in talks with rival wine group Constellation Brands over a potential merger of the two firms' Australian wine businesses.
Australian Vintage would have control of a merged entity, which would likely include Constellation's Hardys wine arm.
Discussions "continue", Australian Vintage said today. It will announced the appointment of a permanent CEO once the talks have been completed, it said.
Australian Vintage chairman Ian Ferrier said: "Dane has shown strong leadership and commitment during this demanding period. I think him for his sigificant contribution and wish him well in the next stage of his career."
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research