AUS: Australian Vintage loses CEO
Talks with Constellation "continue"
The CEO of Australian Vintage is to step down.
Dane Hudson will leave the company in May "to pursue other interests", Australian Vintage announced today (25 March).
Neil McGuigan, the group's general manager of production and supply, including for the firm's flagship McGuigan wine brand, will become interim CEO until a permanent replacement is announced.
The move will prompt speculation about the progress of merger talks between Australian Vintage and Constellation Brands' Australian wine business.
Hudson, who has steered Australian Vintage through a tough restructuring process in the last couple of years, said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed leading Australian Vintage.
"From both a personal and career perspective this marks the right time for me to move on as Australian Vintage is well positioned to embark on future opportunities."
The company is in talks with rival wine group Constellation Brands over a potential merger of the two firms' Australian wine businesses.
Australian Vintage would have control of a merged entity, which would likely include Constellation's Hardys wine arm.
Discussions "continue", Australian Vintage said today. It will announced the appointment of a permanent CEO once the talks have been completed, it said.
Australian Vintage chairman Ian Ferrier said: "Dane has shown strong leadership and commitment during this demanding period. I think him for his sigificant contribution and wish him well in the next stage of his career."
Here's a run-down of some of the top reports currently available in the just-drinks research store:...
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends