AUS: Australian Vintage appoints McGuigan as CEO
McGuigan takes reins at Australian Vintage
Australian Vintage has said that interim CEO Neil McGuigan will take on the role on a permanent basis.
McGuigan will continue as CEO of the Australian wine group indefinitely, following three months in the post on an interim basis, the firm said today (22 July).
The company, which produces McGuigan branded wines, said it was still discussing terms and conditions with McGuigan.
"While the Australian wine industry continues to go through challenging times, we reman focused on managing our costs, cash flow and balance sheet, whilst at the same time continuing to produce great wines and build brands that consumers around the world recognise and prefer," said McGuigan.
Prior to his appointment as CEO, McGuigan was the company's general manager of production and supply.
He replaced Dane Hudson, who left Australian Vintage in May "to pursue other interests".
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report