UK: Australian Vintage appoints former Waverley TBS exec
Australian Vintage has hired Henry Moran to take on its Waitrose and Sainsbury's accounts
Australian Vintage has appointed a former employee of the defunct Waverley TBS as its new national account manager for Sainsbury's and Waitrose in the UK.
Henry Moran, who joined Waverley as its commercial controller for wine in July last year, starts in his new post at Australian Vintage tomorrow (7 November). Moran will take on some of the former responsibilities of Julian Dyer, who was promoted to the group's UK and Europe GM post in September.
On Moran's appointment, Dyer said: “We’re delighted to announce that Henry will be joining our rapidly expanding team. He has great experience in the wine business which will strengthen the great skill set which already exists in the business.”
Prior to working for Waverley TBS, Moran spent six-and-a-half years at Irish food wholesaler Musgrave.
Waverley TBS was forced into liquidation last month after administrators were unable to find a buyer.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015