Australia MD latest executive to quit Diageo
Diageo has seen two senior executives confirm their intentions this week to quit the company
Diageo has confirmed the pending departure of the MD of its Australian operations.
Tim Salt, who moved up to the role in 2008, is set to leave the company at the end of this month. Although it is not immediately clear where he is moving to, Salt said today that he intends to "pursue new opportunities".
"Tim joined our Australia business at a time when the industry was particularly challenged with the introduction of the RTD tax and decreasing volumes, alongside a volatile external environment," said Sam Fisher, Diageo's president for Greater China & Asia. ""Tim has developed and built a team of strong … leaders, … and he leaves the Australia business in great hands."
Salt added: ""The time has come for me to pursue new opportunities and for others to bring a new perspective and energy to take the Diageo Australia business to the next level."
just-drinks understands that Diageo is in the process of finding a successor.
Earlier this week, Larry Schwartz, head of North American operations, announced his intention to retire at the end of this year.
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo, also ranks 13th globally in beer....
United Spirits Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020