JAPAN: August heat halts beer shipment slide
Combined shipments of beer, happoshu and so-called 'third-beer' in Japan were flat last month, according to recent figures.
The total increase - of 0.6% year-on-year - for combined shipments was credited to the hot weather. August was also the first time in three months that combined shipments halted their slide.
Shipments of third-category beer - a carbonated beer-tasting alcoholic drink made without malt, wheat or barley - helped lift the entire category in August, posting a 12.6% year-on-year climb, the first such increase in four months. Beer shipments fell by 0.8%, while happoshu fell more dramatically, by 3.8% on the corresponding period a year earlier.
Sapporo Holdings has reportedly asked US private equity firm Steel Partners for more information on its potential takeover bid for the Japanese brewer....
Canadian beer maker Brick Brewing Co. is to play on its status as a domestically owned brewer when it unveils its latest marketing campaign....
Japan's Sapporo Holdings is reportedly mulling an effective takeover bid from US hedge fund Steel Partners Japan....
Chinese beer maker Kingway Brewery said today (14 February) that its CNY400m (US$51.5m) plant in the city of Foshan will be up and running early next year....
Japan's brewers, fierce rivals as they fight for share of the country's stagnant beer market, are reportedly set to join forces in a campaign to boost sales....
Japanese brewer and distiller Suntory has posted a 21% leap in operating profit for 2006....
Kirin Brewery Co. has today (7 February) outlined plans to consolidate its alcohol, soft drinks and other businesses under one holding company....
The soft drinks arm of Japanese drinks group Asahi Breweries has posted its figures for 2006....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research