UK: Aston Manor Cider appoints new MD
Aston Manor Cider has promoted its sales & marketing director to the role of managing director.
Gordon Johncox, who joined the company in 2011, has replaced Peter Ellis as MD as part of a “planned transition”, the Birmingham-based producer said today (4 February). Prior to joining Aston Manor, Johncox spent nearly two years with C&C Group as MD at Magners GB.
Ellis is moving away from day-to-day operations to the post of executive chairman.
Meanwhile, Glen Friel has been promoted to replace Johncox as sales & marketing director.
Aston Manor, which claims to be the UK's second largest cider producer, said it will shortly report a year-on-year rise in 2012 sales. In 2011, sales were up by 34% to GBP106m. The company said it is “outperforming the wider cider sector” and is set to announce capital investments “in the coming months”.
Its brands include white cider Frosty Jack's.
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014