UK: Aston Manor Cider appoints new MD
Aston Manor Cider has promoted its sales & marketing director to the role of managing director.
Gordon Johncox, who joined the company in 2011, has replaced Peter Ellis as MD as part of a “planned transition”, the Birmingham-based producer said today (4 February). Prior to joining Aston Manor, Johncox spent nearly two years with C&C Group as MD at Magners GB.
Ellis is moving away from day-to-day operations to the post of executive chairman.
Meanwhile, Glen Friel has been promoted to replace Johncox as sales & marketing director.
Aston Manor, which claims to be the UK's second largest cider producer, said it will shortly report a year-on-year rise in 2012 sales. In 2011, sales were up by 34% to GBP106m. The company said it is “outperforming the wider cider sector” and is set to announce capital investments “in the coming months”.
Its brands include white cider Frosty Jack's.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future