UK: Aston Manor Cider appoints new MD
Aston Manor Cider has promoted its sales & marketing director to the role of managing director.
Gordon Johncox, who joined the company in 2011, has replaced Peter Ellis as MD as part of a “planned transition”, the Birmingham-based producer said today (4 February). Prior to joining Aston Manor, Johncox spent nearly two years with C&C Group as MD at Magners GB.
Ellis is moving away from day-to-day operations to the post of executive chairman.
Meanwhile, Glen Friel has been promoted to replace Johncox as sales & marketing director.
Aston Manor, which claims to be the UK's second largest cider producer, said it will shortly report a year-on-year rise in 2012 sales. In 2011, sales were up by 34% to GBP106m. The company said it is “outperforming the wider cider sector” and is set to announce capital investments “in the coming months”.
Its brands include white cider Frosty Jack's.
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit