UK: Aston Manor Cider appoints new MD
Aston Manor Cider has promoted its sales & marketing director to the role of managing director.
Gordon Johncox, who joined the company in 2011, has replaced Peter Ellis as MD as part of a “planned transition”, the Birmingham-based producer said today (4 February). Prior to joining Aston Manor, Johncox spent nearly two years with C&C Group as MD at Magners GB.
Ellis is moving away from day-to-day operations to the post of executive chairman.
Meanwhile, Glen Friel has been promoted to replace Johncox as sales & marketing director.
Aston Manor, which claims to be the UK's second largest cider producer, said it will shortly report a year-on-year rise in 2012 sales. In 2011, sales were up by 34% to GBP106m. The company said it is “outperforming the wider cider sector” and is set to announce capital investments “in the coming months”.
Its brands include white cider Frosty Jack's.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research