UK: Aston Manor Cider appoints new MD
Aston Manor Cider has promoted its sales & marketing director to the role of managing director.
Gordon Johncox, who joined the company in 2011, has replaced Peter Ellis as MD as part of a “planned transition”, the Birmingham-based producer said today (4 February). Prior to joining Aston Manor, Johncox spent nearly two years with C&C Group as MD at Magners GB.
Ellis is moving away from day-to-day operations to the post of executive chairman.
Meanwhile, Glen Friel has been promoted to replace Johncox as sales & marketing director.
Aston Manor, which claims to be the UK's second largest cider producer, said it will shortly report a year-on-year rise in 2012 sales. In 2011, sales were up by 34% to GBP106m. The company said it is “outperforming the wider cider sector” and is set to announce capital investments “in the coming months”.
Its brands include white cider Frosty Jack's.
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites