ITALY: Asti-Spumante sales up 3.8%
Sales of Asti Spumante, the Italian sparkling wine, totalled over 36m bottles for the forst nine months of 2002, up 3.8%, it was reported in the Italian press yesterday.
Exports of the wine were up 6.8% compared to the same period last year, with Germany and the US leading the way.
However non-EU countries registered an impressive 17% leap in export, while the Eu saw growth of only 0.3%.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign