ITALY: Asti Spumante 2003 sales up
Asti Spumante has seen a slight rise in sales for 2003. The consortium for protection of the Asti wines announced yesterday that sales of the Italian sparkling wine last year increased by 0.64% year-on-year, to 68.66m bottles.
Total sales in the EU countries rose by 16.23%, while sales in North America climbed to 13.19m bottles from 12.856m bottles in 2002.
While sales in Italy reached 17.18m bottles, up from 16.846m, French sales of Asti Spumante increased by 15.29%. UK sales totalled 8.127m bottles, up by 4%.
The sales of Moscato d'Asti wine hit 7.2m bottles, a rise from 6.417m bottles in 2002.
Both Asti Spumante and Moscato d'Asti are Italian wines labelled with the EU Denomination of Controlled and Guaranteed Origin (DOCG).
The equivalent of over 9m bottles of Chianti Classico has been seized by Italian authorities from several top Tuscan estates and one man arrested, as part of an investigation into wine fraud....
Blavod Extreme Spirits (BES) has announced further placements created by its distributor partners in the US....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018