INDIA: Aspri Spirits launches Amarula in India
Aspri Spirits has launched Distell Group's cream liqueur brand Amarula in Mumbai, India.
The company also announced on Friday (6 February) that it has signed a deal with Flamingos International to serve the brand in duty-free and duty-paid shops.
Sumedh Singh Mandla, CEO of Aspri Spirits, said: "Amarula is the first cream liqueur product in the country and … currently is available in over 100 countries and well accepted in the US, African and European markets."
The drink will initially be available at airports, five-star hotels and leading alcohol stores in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi-NCR and Bangalore. The price for 100ml and 750ml bottles will be INR800 (US$16.47) and INR2,100, respectively.
Added Richie Loh, regional business manager for South Africa-based Distell, added: "The Indian food and beverage market has not been effected by the ongoing financial crisis. The increasing duty-free sales and import of Amarula cream liqueur has motivated us to foray into the Indian market."
The company said it would like to reach Gurgaon, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Rajasthan, Goa, Chennai and Hyderabad markets by the end of this year.
Price rises on drinks are not the solution to preventing excess drinking by teenagers and young people in the UK, argues just-drinks' student journalist Becky Pile....
Sweden assumed the Presidency of the EU at the beginning of this month. With the country's history of control and high taxation of alcohol, the industry is expecting a tough six months. However, Ben C...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Kirin Holdings has raised its full-year net earnings guidance by 5%, despite an 82% slide in profits in the first half of 2009....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has warned that vodka volumes in its key market of Russia are not expected to pick up until the final quarter of this year....
An advert that appeared in a circular for an alcohol delivery service has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) today (5 August) following a complaint that it was "offensive"....
Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC) has posted a marked increase in second quarter net profits, thanks to the inclusion of the performance of The Russian Alcohol Group (RAG)....
The European Commission has introduced the final stage of its plan to make Europe's wine sector more competitive, but has again warned that member states are failing to take advantage of funds availab...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets