Product Launch - UK: Aspall's Cyderkyn
Click through to view an image of the product
Category - Cider, ciderkin, draught, 3.8% abv
Available - Launched "mid-July"
Location - UK on-trade only, in London and East Anglia; Selected Fuller's pubs and "soon to be listed by other premium on-trade outlets"
Price - To be decided by individual outlets
Distribution - Aspall
Suffolk cider producer Aspall has launched what it claims is "the first ciderkin of the modern era".
The weakened, uncarbonated 3.8% abv draught cider, Aspall Cyderkyn, is being made available to UK pub group Fuller's freetrade and managed estate this month, and other "premium on-trade outlets" soon, a company spokesperson told just-drinks.
"There is a growing consumer interest in traditional cider, and Cyderkyn identifies this trend while also offering a lower abv, which tends not to be available in this sector of the market," said Henry Chevallier-Guild, a partner at Aspall.
Aspall first produced ciderkin in 1728, until around 50 years ago, the company said.
Earlier this year, it re-launched its Suffolk Blonde lager brand as 'Outlier'.
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research