UK: Aspall revamps cider range
The new-look Aspall. Click below for full bottle shots.
Aspall is to spend GBP1m to revamp and promote its cider range in the UK, following sales growth in 2009.
Suffolk-based Aspall said today (6 April) that it will launch its four-strong, premium cider range in amber glass bottles from this month, compared to the previous green bottles.
The group will also use new labels and a wrap-around neck label to emphasise the products' 100% apple juice content.
Aspall is seeking to benefit further from ongoing consumer demand for premium cider, despite the downturn. Aspall volume sales are growing by 85% year-on-year, the firm said.
The timing of the move may also be seen as a show of defiance in the face of a 10% above inflation duty tax rise on cider in the UK Budget, announced last month.
Aspall said that its GBP1m investment will include the launch of Perronelle’s Blush and Aspall Draught Suffolk Cyder in 330ml bottles for the on-trade, in response to increasing demand.
The launches will be backed by point-of-sale advertising.
Aspall commercial director Geoff Bradman said: "The cleaner-looking front label is much easier to read and we were careful to ensure that the redesign enhances the communication of the brand’s quality and premium credentials."
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020