UK: Aspall relaunches lager brand as 'Outlier'
Outlier is available in selected M&B pubs in the UK
Cidermaker Aspall has relaunched its Suffolk Blonde lager brand as 'Outlier'.
The 5.2% beer, described as a “craft lager”, is intially being sold in draught at selected Mitchells & Butlers' Nicholson's and Village Pub & Kitchen outlets in the UK. Outlier is the same liquid as Suffolk Blonde, launched in November 2010.
At a press briefing in London yesterday (9 April), Aspall's co-owner Henry Chevallier-Guild said the change was because Suffolk Blonde's branding “didn't reflect the liquid”. “We could not tell a story from it,” he said.
Outlier, being made under Aspall's Chevallier Brewing Company badge, was chosen as a name because the feedback was that it was “not really a lager” and did not fit into the category, Chevallier-Guild said. The beer, still being made for Aspall by Shepherd Neame, is dry hoppped with Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo hops and a “touch of Cascade”.
Chevallier-Guild also revealed ambitions to create more beers in the future and the possibility of buying a brewery. “It would be nice to think that in 15 years time we have the same kind status as we do now for cider,” he said.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015