UK: Aspall relaunches lager brand as 'Outlier'
Outlier is available in selected M&B pubs in the UK
Cidermaker Aspall has relaunched its Suffolk Blonde lager brand as 'Outlier'.
The 5.2% beer, described as a “craft lager”, is intially being sold in draught at selected Mitchells & Butlers' Nicholson's and Village Pub & Kitchen outlets in the UK. Outlier is the same liquid as Suffolk Blonde, launched in November 2010.
At a press briefing in London yesterday (9 April), Aspall's co-owner Henry Chevallier-Guild said the change was because Suffolk Blonde's branding “didn't reflect the liquid”. “We could not tell a story from it,” he said.
Outlier, being made under Aspall's Chevallier Brewing Company badge, was chosen as a name because the feedback was that it was “not really a lager” and did not fit into the category, Chevallier-Guild said. The beer, still being made for Aspall by Shepherd Neame, is dry hoppped with Nelson Sauvin and Amarillo hops and a “touch of Cascade”.
Chevallier-Guild also revealed ambitions to create more beers in the future and the possibility of buying a brewery. “It would be nice to think that in 15 years time we have the same kind status as we do now for cider,” he said.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends