UK: Aspall, Little World Beverages bring Aus deal to UK
Aspall and Little World Beverages have reversed their Australian partnership in the UK.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (22 July) that Aspall will distribute Little World's portfolio of alcoholic drinks in the country.
The agreement follows the launch through Little World of Aspall's Suffolk Cyder in Little World's native Australia two years ago.
The Little Creatures range is now available in the UK through Aspall in 330ml bottles and comprises Pale Ale, at 5.2% abv, Bright Ale at 4.5% abv, Pilsner at 4.6% abv, Rogers', an amber ale at 3.8% abv, and Pipsqueak, a 5.2% abv Australian cider.
"There are huge synergies between Little World Beverages and Aspall, with both companies operating within the premium areas of their respective categories as well as sharing the same consumer base," said Henry Chevallier Guild, one of the Aspall partners. "Reciprocating our initial agreement was therefore a natural extension of this partnership."
Howard Cearns, Little World Beverages director, added: "Aspall shares similar territory to Little World Beverages, in terms of both its products and philosophical patience in establishing a quality position in the market."
Aspall noted that it expects to announce "both new product development and other new business partnerships" in the coming months.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets