UK: Aspall, Little World Beverages bring Aus deal to UK
Aspall and Little World Beverages have reversed their Australian partnership in the UK.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (22 July) that Aspall will distribute Little World's portfolio of alcoholic drinks in the country.
The agreement follows the launch through Little World of Aspall's Suffolk Cyder in Little World's native Australia two years ago.
The Little Creatures range is now available in the UK through Aspall in 330ml bottles and comprises Pale Ale, at 5.2% abv, Bright Ale at 4.5% abv, Pilsner at 4.6% abv, Rogers', an amber ale at 3.8% abv, and Pipsqueak, a 5.2% abv Australian cider.
"There are huge synergies between Little World Beverages and Aspall, with both companies operating within the premium areas of their respective categories as well as sharing the same consumer base," said Henry Chevallier Guild, one of the Aspall partners. "Reciprocating our initial agreement was therefore a natural extension of this partnership."
Howard Cearns, Little World Beverages director, added: "Aspall shares similar territory to Little World Beverages, in terms of both its products and philosophical patience in establishing a quality position in the market."
Aspall noted that it expects to announce "both new product development and other new business partnerships" in the coming months.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends