UK: Aspall, Little World Beverages bring Aus deal to UK
Aspall and Little World Beverages have reversed their Australian partnership in the UK.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (22 July) that Aspall will distribute Little World's portfolio of alcoholic drinks in the country.
The agreement follows the launch through Little World of Aspall's Suffolk Cyder in Little World's native Australia two years ago.
The Little Creatures range is now available in the UK through Aspall in 330ml bottles and comprises Pale Ale, at 5.2% abv, Bright Ale at 4.5% abv, Pilsner at 4.6% abv, Rogers', an amber ale at 3.8% abv, and Pipsqueak, a 5.2% abv Australian cider.
"There are huge synergies between Little World Beverages and Aspall, with both companies operating within the premium areas of their respective categories as well as sharing the same consumer base," said Henry Chevallier Guild, one of the Aspall partners. "Reciprocating our initial agreement was therefore a natural extension of this partnership."
Howard Cearns, Little World Beverages director, added: "Aspall shares similar territory to Little World Beverages, in terms of both its products and philosophical patience in establishing a quality position in the market."
Aspall noted that it expects to announce "both new product development and other new business partnerships" in the coming months.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015