UK: Aspall, Little World Beverages bring Aus deal to UK
Aspall and Little World Beverages have reversed their Australian partnership in the UK.
The two companies confirmed yesterday (22 July) that Aspall will distribute Little World's portfolio of alcoholic drinks in the country.
The agreement follows the launch through Little World of Aspall's Suffolk Cyder in Little World's native Australia two years ago.
The Little Creatures range is now available in the UK through Aspall in 330ml bottles and comprises Pale Ale, at 5.2% abv, Bright Ale at 4.5% abv, Pilsner at 4.6% abv, Rogers', an amber ale at 3.8% abv, and Pipsqueak, a 5.2% abv Australian cider.
"There are huge synergies between Little World Beverages and Aspall, with both companies operating within the premium areas of their respective categories as well as sharing the same consumer base," said Henry Chevallier Guild, one of the Aspall partners. "Reciprocating our initial agreement was therefore a natural extension of this partnership."
Howard Cearns, Little World Beverages director, added: "Aspall shares similar territory to Little World Beverages, in terms of both its products and philosophical patience in establishing a quality position in the market."
Aspall noted that it expects to announce "both new product development and other new business partnerships" in the coming months.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research