GERMANY: Asia visitors boost Drinktec 2013 attendance
A surge in visitors from Japan and China helped boost numbers at this year's Drinktec exhibition by 14%.
Japan doubled its representation at last week's event in Germany to 1,170 while Chinese visitors were up 45% to 1,423, organisers said today (27 September). Overall attendance at the 2013 show, which closed in Munich last Friday, stood at 66,886.
The MD of event host Messe München, Reinhard Pfeiffer, said: “The fact that around one-third of the trade visitors from abroad came from outside Europe is highly impressive. Drinktec has thus further consolidated and further expanded its status as the world´s most important meeting place for the beverage sector.”
According to a Messe München survey, 89% of exhibitors and 98% of visitors rated the show “excellent to good”.
The next Drinktec will be held from 11-15 September 2017, organisers said.
At the 2009 show, about 60,000 people attended, with 57% from outside Germany. This year, the proportion rose to 62%.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018