EXCLUSIVE - SINGAPORE: Asia Pacific head quits SPI Group
SPI Group is on the hunt for another regional director in Asia Pacific
The regional director for SPI Group's operations in the Asia Pacific region has left the company, less than nine months after joining the Stolichnaya vodka owner.
just-drinks can exclusively reveal that Nigel Bath has stepped down from the role that he assumed in April last year. A replacement has not been secured yet.
“Nigel left the group to pursue new opportunities,” a spokesperson for Luxembourg-based SPI told just-drinks earlier today (4 January). “We are recruiting for the position.”
The spokesperson declined to comment further.
Bath joined SPI from Del Monte, where he had been managing director of its Asia division for almost five years. Prior to Del Monte, he spent just over four years with Diageo. His last position for the drinks giant was regional development manager for Asia Pacific, where he was charged with developing Diageo's beer business.
In a recently-published global briefing 'Diageo in Spirits', Euromonitor International's senior alcoholic drinks analyst Jeremy Cunnington takes a look at what are the challenges facing Diageo in spi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research