NZ: Asia Pacific Breweries unit makes NZ investment purchase
Unlikely to break Asia Pacific Breweries' bank
Asia Pacific Breweries has acquired a 75% stake in Rock Ember Ltd, an investment vehicle for food and beverages outlets in New Zealand.
In a filing to the Singapore stock exchange today (21 June), the company, a joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, said that it made the purchase through New Zealand subsidiary Barworks Group Ltd.
The unit acquired the stake from CHC Trustees Ltd for a nominal NZD150 (US$107).
The remaining 25% of Rock Ember will be held by a third party, RockEmber Catchpole Investments Ltd.
Barworks Group is a wholly-owned subsidiary of DB Breweries, which in turn is a wholly-owned subsidiary of APB.
In April last year, APB completed the purchase of food and beverage outlet Gaults on Quay in New Zealand.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
Heineken has launched a three-year sustainability campaign in Spain to improve its environmental and sustainability credentials in the country....
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015