SINGAPORE: Asia Pacific Breweries makes export GM change
Asia Pacific Breweries has changed its Tiger Export general manager
Asia Pacific Breweries has confirmed a switch of general manager at its Tiger Export unit.
The company, which is jointly-owned by Fraser & Neave and Heineken, said late last week that Royston Loh will assume the position of general manager at Tiger Export Pte Ltd (TEPL), replacing Ong Chui Seng, who has been transferred to Tiger Beer USA Co (TUSA). Loh will be responsible for developing new export markets around the world for Asia Pacific Breweries' brands, including its Tiger flagship beer.
In the last two years, Loh was “instrumental in the sale of APB beer brands” in Singapore, the company said. Prior to that, he was based in China where he was responsible for sales and marketing activities and setting up sales channels in the north of the country.
Ong Chui Seng's role is a newly-created position, where he will be charged with “steering the growth and progression of Tiger beer in the US beer market”. Ong has been with APB since 1994, and spent the last two years as GM of TEPL.
The changes took effect from 1 January.
Part II of this month's management briefing on the drinks retail landscape, concerns itself with convenience stores. How is the impulse channel holding up in these trying times?...
Last week we ran the first part of our exclusive interview with the chief marketing officer of Anheuser-Busch InBev, Chris Burggraeve. Here's part two, in which Olly Wehring tries to get inside the in...
SABMiller's entry into Belgium's speciality beer market makes sense and more niche deals are likely across Europe's craft beer sector....
We all love a good dust-up, don't we? When company is pitted against company in the arena, we all get a bit carried away. And, the bigger they are, the more bloodthirsty we get....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research