SINGAPORE: Asia Pacific Breweries details executive run-around
Asia Pacific Breweries has lined up some management changes
Asia Pacific Breweries has confirmed a raft of executive appointments, with two senior employees leaving the company.
The firm, a joint-venture between Fraser & Neave and Heineken, announced this morning (15 October) that Melvyn Ng, has been appointed general manager of its Guangzhou Asia Pacific unit in China. Ng, 41, will be responsible for the management of strategic and operational matters including sales and marketing for the Guangdong facility, the construction of which began in 2008. The brewery will be operational by end of this year.
Ng, who has been with APB for ten years, was formerly assistant general manager (commercial) of Hainan Asia Pacific Brewery Company, also in China.
Doron Wijnschenk, meanwhile, moves from on-premise sales at Heineken International, to become general manager of Grande Brasserie de Nouvelle-Calédonie (GBNC), APB’s recently-acquired brewery in New Caledonia.
Wijnschenk, 41, replaces Leo Evers, who has moved to assume the position of general manager of PT Multi Bintang Indonesia (MBI). Evers, 46, was the marketing director of Heineken Japan and group supply chain director of Grupa Zywiec in Poland prior to his four years at GBNC. In his new role, he replaces Rick Linck, who has since returned to Heineken.
Finally, Dusty Alahakoon, 38, has assumed the position of chief operating officer at Asia Pacific Brewery (Lanka) Limited. Alahakoon, who joins APB from Coca-Cola Beverages Sri Lanka, where he was head of marketing, takes over from Anton Rock Fernando who “has left the company”, according to a company spokesperson.
Carlsberg's new worldwide strapline highlights the lack of truly global beer brands in an extremely consolidated industry....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research