INDIA: Asia Pacific Breweries buys up APB Pearl
Asia Pacific Breweries, the joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave Group, has agreed to buy up all shares it does not already own in its Indian subsidiary APB Pearl for SGD4m (US$2.7m).
Singapore-based Asia Pacific Breweries said yesterday (19 May) that will buy the remaining 33% stake in APB Pearl, which operates in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, from Jaipuria Beverages & Food Industries.
The deal is unlikely to affect earnings per share for Asia Pacific Beverages in its current financial year, said the brewer, which added that it will fund the deal using internal resources.
Last year, the firm announced that it planned to build a brewery in the southern Indian state of Goa.
Dutch brewer Heineken raised its full-year forecast for operating profits on Wednesday (28 October), giving an indication that the embattled beer market is starting to stabilise. Michelle Russell look...
Asia Pacific Breweries, the joint venture between Heineken and Fraser & Neave, has reported a solid rise in full-year profits and higher beer sales....
International medical experts are calling for the government to ban the alcohol industry from sponsoring sporting events in the interest of preventing unhealthy alcohol use....
Scottish & Newcastle UK has developed a pint glass carrying alcohol unit information for its Foster's lager brand....
Here you can find the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Heineken has swooped to acquire Globe Pub Company in the UK, in order to prevent the group's financial collapse and protect a long-term beer supply deal....
Heineken has raised its full-year profits target following what it calls "the positive development" of its third quarter....
On Wednesday (28 October), Heineken will update the market on its first quarter sales....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research