NZ: Asia Pacific Breweries agrees acquisitions
Asia Pacific Breweries has said that its wholly-owned subsidiaries in New Zealand, Barworks Group Ltd and Barworks Holdings Ltd, have bought up three companies in the country.
The company, a joint-venture between Fraser & Neave and Heineken, said today (2 April) that its subsidiary groups have acquired Hurstmere Pubs, Riccarton Hospitality and Gaults on Quay.
Fees for the deals were not disclosed, but the three firms have a market capital value of NZ$268,100 (US$156,100), $1.1m and $1.7m respectively, APB said, adding that the acquistions are not expected to have a "material impact" on its earnings for the current financial year.
For Hurstmere and Riccarton, Barworks Group will take a 75% stake, with Barworks Holding controlling the remaining 25%. In Gaults, Barworks Group will take a 90% share, with Barworks Holding taking 10%.
Barworks Holding is itself a wholly-owned arm of Barworks Group, which is, in turn, fully owned by APB-owned DB Breweries.
In addition to the deals, Barworks Holding has signed a deal with the Keppel Town Trust to form a joint venture named Market St Holdings Ltd. Barworks will take a 75% stake in the venture in return for a NZ$366,075 investment.
Lion Nathan is to distribute the Budweiser portfolio of brands in Australia from December, the company announced this week....
Heineken has confirmed the divestment of the Stepan Timofeyevich kvass brand in Russia....
Heineken is to cut around 5% of its workforce in Romania by ceasing all malt production in the country, as part of the brewer's global cost savings strategy....
A ban on alcoholic drinks promotion on the internet in France remains in force, because a new law to legalise adverts and drinks websites has not been signed off....
Heineken is to cut jobs in Russia by closing brewing operations at the Stepan Razin Brewery, the oldest brewery in the country, in order to reduce costs....
SABMiller is to expand further in Africa by building a brewery in Namibia and buying the non-alcoholic Maheu drinks business of Trade Kings Ltd in Zambia....
Asia Pacific Breweries has successfully defended itself against a lawsuit from two European banks with regards to a commercial fraud case involving a former employee....
Heineken has succeeded in halting the distribution of a beer called Keineken in Switzerland....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report