UK: Asda launches beer listing competition
Asda has launched a competition to find the best new beers and ciders from micro, regional and national breweries.
The competition will run across six categories; ale Scotland, ale North England, ale South England, lager, cider and speciality beer until 31 October.
One winner will be chosen from each category based on "taste, packaging sustainability, design stand out and labelling", the retailer said today (30 September).
All six winners will get a 12-week listing in Asda stores from January 2009, with a potential extended guest listing if their product proves popular with customers.
Beer buyer Jill Wilson said: "We are passionate about putting the highest quality products on our shelves. That's the inspiration behind the competition - allowing breweries, from the smallest to the largest, to give consumers a chance to sample new, quality tastes."
There is no limit to the number of entries but products must be new to Asda and have a maximum ABV of 6.5%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends