RUSSIA: Asconi seals Russian export deal
The deal was made with Grand Vin, Ltd. and Bonus Bord O.O.O., both subsidiaries of Wine International Project, Ltd.
Constantin Jitaru, president and CEO of Asconi, said: "This contract is expected to bring additional revenues of US$2m and a boost of US$200,000 to the bottom line in 2003 as well as a respective US$8m and US$800,000 in 2004."
Asconi currently controls over 10% of the market for Moldovan wines imported into Russia.
Jitaru said: "Russia is an especially important market for Asconi's wine products. The market is ripe for high-quality yet value-priced products like those which Asconi offers. Over 90% of our production goes to the Russian market and we maintain our position as the largest importer of Moldovan wines into Russia. Wine is still a comparatively small segment of the alcoholic beverages consumed in Russia, accounting for 13-15% of total consumption. The rate of growth, though, has been significant, making wine one of the fastest growing segments in the industry."
The company said that before the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia was consuming 17 liters of wine per capita comparing with 6 liters at this time. However, consumption of wines is increasing at a rate of 10 - 15% per year.
Asconi Corporation has sold approximately 806,500 equivalent cases of wine during the three months ended September 30, 2005....
Asconi Corporation has unveiled its new trading symbol....
Asconi's delisting from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) is pending after the company was refused the right of appeal....
Asconi Corporation has said that it has received notice from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) that its securities have been delisted from the exchange because of non-compliance....
Net income for the second quarter at Asconi Corp. fell from around US$400,000 to US$300,000, the US-based Eastern European wines and spirits producer has announced....
Asconi Corporation said yesterday (30 August) that the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) had notified the company that it was not in compliance with requirements for a continued listing under the AMEX Ru...
The CEO of Asconi Corp has resigned....
The American Stock Exchange (AMEX) has approved Asconi's plan to regain compliance with certain of its continued listing standards....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research