US: Asconi completes private placement
The Eastern European wine producer Asconi Corporation has completed a private placement under which the company sold restricted shares of its common stock for US$1.3m.
In a statement the company said that most of the money raised in the placement will be used for the acquisition of 980,000 rootstocks in order to start planting them on the 1,680 acres of land that were acquired last year and earlier this year.
Asconi estimates that once it owns the source of primary row material, the average cost per bottle will be lowered by 25 to 35 %.
1,680 acres of vineyards will meet approximately 25% of the current annual grape needs of the Company.
Constantin Jitaru, president and CEO of Asconi Corporation, said: "Having our own vineyards will tremendously increase our ability to control the quality of our products and substantially lower our average costs, thus increasing our profit margins and gaining a competitive advantage over other companies in the production of wine and spirits from our region and globally."
Asconi Corporation has sold approximately 806,500 equivalent cases of wine during the three months ended September 30, 2005....
Asconi Corporation has unveiled its new trading symbol....
Asconi's delisting from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) is pending after the company was refused the right of appeal....
Asconi Corporation has said that it has received notice from the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) that its securities have been delisted from the exchange because of non-compliance....
Net income for the second quarter at Asconi Corp. fell from around US$400,000 to US$300,000, the US-based Eastern European wines and spirits producer has announced....
Asconi Corporation said yesterday (30 August) that the American Stock Exchange (AMEX) had notified the company that it was not in compliance with requirements for a continued listing under the AMEX Ru...
The CEO of Asconi Corp has resigned....
The American Stock Exchange (AMEX) has approved Asconi's plan to regain compliance with certain of its continued listing standards....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends