Asahi's The Dream - Product Launch
Asahi's The Dream will be out in March
Asahi's The Dream
Category - Beer
Available - From 23 March
Location - Japan
Price - JPY225 (US$1.90) per 35cl can and JPY290 per 50cl can
Asahi has unveiled a new beer for the Japanese market that has 50% less sugar than regular beer. The Dream will be out in March, priced at the same level as Asahi Superdry, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks. According to Japanese media, The Dream is Asahi's first new beer for seven years.
Late last year, Japan reportedly shelved plans to reform its three-tier beer tax code until at least 2017. The Government had planned to condense the three different tax levels - which includes lower tax levels for low-malt and beer-like beverages - into one, decided in November that more consultation is needed.
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Asahi Breweries Ltd aims to increase its sales over the forecast period by strengthening its beer business through the offer of new added-value products. In addition, the company will seek to expand i...
RTDs/high-strength premixes continued to perform well in 2015, recording total volume growth of 8%. This can be attributed to consumers being attracted to the products’ cheap prices, various flavours ...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends