JAPAN: Asahi warns Suntory over new brand name
Asahi has written to Suntory, claiming that the latter's new happoshu brand, Super Magnum Dry, which is due to be launched on June 25, inappropriately takes advantage of Asahi's Super Dry brand. Asahi added that the new brand will damage the value of its Super Dry brand which has been built up over a long period of time. However, Suntory has so far refused to yield and the dispute could well end up in court.
Suntory has said that the name is derived from its own Magnum Dry happoshu brand which was launched in June 1999 but which came out of production in April. The dispute comes at a time when Kirin and Sapporo are also embroiled in a legal battle over the label design Sapporo's new happoshu brand.
Spirits company Blavod Extreme Spirits and the Japanese drinks group Suntory recently announced the formation of a joint venture to develop and market new spirits brands. Chris Brook-Carter spoke with...
Sapporo Breweries has raised its sales targets for its low-alcoholic fruit drink brand "Fruit Sparkling"....
Suntory International Corp. is to release three types of shochu in the US....
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Blavod Extreme Spirits has agreed to form a joint venture company with Suntory International Corp, the US subsidiary of Suntory Limited. ...
Sapporo Holdings Ltd has reported a consolidated pretax loss for the half ended in June....
Suntory Ltd is to suspend sales of its Bubbleman Soda Jet soft drink....
The Japanese brewer, Sapporo Breweries Ltd., is to launch a new range of low-alcohol drinks in the autumn under the brand name, Fruit Sparking....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites